Thursday 22 January 2009

PerformancePoint gets a re-design

I'm little unsure on Microsoft's thinking behind this one with regards to Patrick Hustling's blog on PerformancePoint turning into a service and planning being axed. It almost as disappointing as what has become of the ProClarity toolset.

I’m a little surprised they have decided to improve the monitoring, my experience with monitoring has not been the greatest and I always let it off because it was version 1. Yet the planning aspect seemed a better product and this is the one to go.

I suppose there is a big drive from Microsoft to deliver BI through SharePoint. Also recent articles have implied that recent trends in BI, not just Microsoft, are moving towards a web based application.

Be interesting to see Microsoft's new roadmap and where PPServices now fits in.

No comments: