Monday 5 January 2009

A little break but I am back

Well Christmas has passed, I'm a little fatter (some may still think I am s skinny rake but ho hum). Thought I better try and keep on top of my blogs, so better efforts this year.

Below is just a heads up on future topics, although most have been done to death by various sources.

  • Compare the different methods currently implemented in SSIS to do updates for dimensions, various methods are out there, going to try and establish the better for 2005 and if I get my hands on a server 2008.
  • My favourite, Team Foundation Server, although looking at the database professional aspect of it.
  • Deploying BIDS and PPS across environments, a commonly asked question with no real answer. It does seem to lend itself to various possibilities and some more dubious than others.
  • Fuzzy Lookup performance, a task not highly used and less often talked about

Hopefully in the summations of everyone else’s blogging I uncover some interesting BI subjects of interest. I may even talk about service packs, although missed out on the handful that have just gone out :)

And a Happy New Year

No comments: